6 Week Mindful Guitar Learning Course – Manage Your Emotions Through Music And Discover Your Creative Self!
The healing vibration of sound has been known from ancient times. Vibration therapies were used in ancient medicine to unblock chakras and help manage emotions. Sounds help us increase the awareness and presence in the moment, known as Mindfulness.
How does the mindful guitar learning work?
In the beginning of the classes you will be gently brought to the state of mindfulness through 10 minute meditation. Then in the ambiance of mindfulness you will be shown how to create music yourself: from your first lesson you will have the feeling of satisfaction related to creating music yourself, boostered by the group’s collective energy. The presence of music will then increase the state of being mindful. Creativity becomes almost the by-product of the process.
The course is innovative in several respects:
1. Innovative teaching methods and original teaching program evolved as a result of years of guitar teaching experience.
2. Easy to pick up. It results in quick measurable outcomes which motivates participants to further learning.
3. Novel approach of bringing the best of two worlds – music and mindfulness (this is probably the first ever approach to bring this two worlds together).
How are the sessions structured:
· One hour per week initiated by 10 minutes meditation to cut off from outside world and settle you in a comfortable space of relaxation and true self. This will help you tip into your creativity self.
· The classes happen in a group of 4-6 people to benefit from the collective energy of the group as well as gain the music band experience right from the first session.
· Training recordings are provided for home practice, along with learning facilitating guided meditation.
What learning outcomes you can expect:
During the initiatory 6 week course, you will learn to play few songs (blues, rock and others) which will naturally and effortlessly bring you to the stage where you will be able to play in a band arrangement with a split of roles (chords, base, solo guitar, percussion, etc).
· Free demo session – Saturday 9th June 2018
16.30pm - 18.30pm at The Flame
· Venue: The Flame, 14 City Arcade, CV1 3HW
· Course Cost - £100 for the 6 week course
· Demo session - Before you decide to sign up, the free test session will give you chance to see if this is what you would enjoy. Please come to the session on 3rd of March.
· Entry requirements – there is no entry requirement for this course. All you need to do is to attend the demo lesson and then you will be assigned to the group of the right age and level.
· Guitar – Possessing your own guitar is not required, however recommended. It facilitates practicing at home. If you don’t have your guitar, let us know and we will try to arrange one for you.
· Carrying on further on – If you enjoy the 6 week course with us, you can continue the training on the next level.
About the instructor:
Dr. Joanna Orzechowska has been playing instruments since she was 8 years old. She has a private conservatory diploma as well as guitar teaching qualification. Joanna has 5 years guitar teaching experience of groups of 4-6 people in all age groups: kids, teenagers and adults. She can adjust her teaching style to the group’s age as well as needs. She knows how to make the sessions engaging and bring the best of every participant in a stress-free manner. Joanna has been practicing mindfulness out of her personal curiosity. Her interest in mindfulness, natural methods of healing and music has become the inspiration for the initiative of this course. Joanna truly believes in the power of joining two words of meditation and music and the positive effect of the course on its participants.
Joanna has a PhD degree in Mathematics and her day job is software consultancy. Her motivation for this 6 week course is the true passion for helping people.